West-End Church of God of Prophecy Worship Centre (W.E.W.C) began its journey at the YMCA -- 931 College St., Toronto, ON (at Dovercourt and College), under the leadership of Bishop Hubert L. Martin and his wife E. B. Martin. The church experienced rapid growth in the early 70s and the YMCA building was not able to house the influx, so the search began for a more suitable place to worship.
In 1973, a building located at 1780 St. Clair Avenue West called “The West-End Revival Centre”, became available. Through the vision of a good leader, faith, and courage, the decision was made to purchase this building and it was then re-named “The West-End Church of God of Prophecy.” The congregation continued to flourish under the pastoral leadership of Bishop Hubert L. Martin for approximately 22 years.
In 1991, Bishop S.A. Morrison and his wife Alma Morrison assumed the pastoral role and again, the facility soon became inadequate with limited space for extra activities. Bishop S.A. Morrison felt it was time to seek another building once more. Over the next several years Bishop led the church into an aggressive and passionate push towards financial stability in order to purchase a new building.